Thursday, March 10, 2011

Guest Post: Joseph

This reader has many good points that I think everyone should know about. This blogger tells of the effect books have on her life and how she feels about books. At the same time she relates it back to how books are looked at now days. She talks about she writes so she can say what she wants to say, and she shows that book are a connection between readers to share ideas and point of views. However, she kind of fades away from her idea to publish because she says, "why publish when at a click of a button I can make it available on the internet." She makes alot of good points about books and I think it is worth listening too.

3 comments:

  1. I love her open point of view on the subject of digital publishing. Although the idea of books disappearing is scary-- I love my bookshelf filled with novels and being able to pull one off the shelf and flip to the pages that are my favorite-- it is inevitable. And she reminds herself that life will move on despite physical, printed books extinction. If an author can move forward and accept change, so can all of us. Most importantly, she points out that the story will still exist whether it is online or in print and that is the most important part. An online version of a story will share the same ideas with readers that it would if it was in print.

    Yes, I might miss the smell of paper and the tinted pages. I will mostly miss the feeling of accomplishment as you look back and see how many pages you have read. But the economical and environmental pros outweigh these cons, therefore like the author, I accept the progress of the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am perfectly happy to have a kindle--I know I read more now because of the convenience, lightness, and ease of having many 'books' available to me all the time. But I worry about online publishing--if editors and publishing houses are being circumvented, will we be overwhelmed with bad writing?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom bought my little brother a kindle in hopes it would make him more excited about reading. He is eleven years old. Thanks to this little gadget my brother loves to read. His reward for finishing a book on there is to buy another one. Who knew that this invention would inspire this new generation to be into books more through technology?! Ironic? I think yes. - Macey flowers

    ReplyDelete